Saturday, 25 September 2010

Snowflakes


Its a gorgeous day here today, so its seemed it a bit odd making this winter-white card :) however I struggled on (lol) and so this is my card inspired by the Sugar Nellie - PCP forum challenge.  I was wanting to get a few more cards made before my studies resume this week.

The challenge was pretty self-explanatory, and I really, really enjoyed making this.  Sometimes the most brilliant ideas are the simple ones, so thanks Fiona for the inspiration for this card.  I wont be making many christmassy cards for challenges as I found I have a box of about 200 (ahem) ready made for Christmas in the cloakroom! ;) and my xmas craft stash is still boxed up and out of reach.

I used a Sugar Nellie stamp called 'snowflake' which is totally gorgeous, and followed the sketch on the Bunny Zoe Crafts Blog which I really liked the look of.

I dry embossed the white panels, and edged with stickles.  I used 3 different types of ribbon, silver vellum and white card snowflakes (also edged with stickles) and I hand-stitched the back panel with silver thread.  I coloured this lightly with pro-markers and also stickled the image.  Its quite a bit more glittery than it looks.

I will be entering this card in the following competitions:

Colour Create - White
Wild Orchid Challenges - Ribbons and bows
Bunny Zoe Crafts - Fab Sketch by Moni
A Spoonful of Sugar - Anything Goes
Totally Gorjuss - Christmas
Charisma Cardz - Anything goes
I Love ProMarkers - White on White
One Stop Craft challenge - Snowflakes in September
The Craft Pad - Embossing

Thanks so much for looking, and good luck to anyone entering these challenges :) xxalisonxx



35 comments:

Suzilou said...

What a stunning card - I really love this all white theme and wow what a lot of challenges you enter hehe x

Karen said...

Very pretty, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Suzilou said...

Hi Alison - wasnt sure where to answer your question hehe (pretty new to this blogging)but yes Kitty is a digital download, forgot to put the links to the sites on my blog - whoops. You can get her here http://www.kennykdownloads.com/ and have fun just picking one!!!

Vee said...

Such a lovely card.The white and silver is stunning.Thanks for playing with Charisma.
xx Vee

KarinsArtScrap said...

o alison this is gorgeous, you colored beautiful
love the snowflakes and the layout.
I hope it goes well with you

greetings from karin

Heidi said...

Wow Alison, this card is just soooo beautiful!
Adorable image, and I love the way you've put it all together:)
Stunning!
Hugs, Heidi:)

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Alison
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us on this week's challenge at CraftyCatz,
hugs Dianne xx

Lorraine said...

wow this is absolutely stunning i wish i had this image its beautiful xx

Rymyrinsessa said...

Very lovely card! I'm a beginner in this hobby and i started my blog few months ago... love to see such beautfull card like yours!!!
http://rymyrinsessa.blogspot.com/

katesacraftybugger said...

very pretty , I love your snowflakes -thanks for joining us at I♥ promarkers this week -Kate x

Pamela said...

Stunning card, thank you for joining us at DCD this week.

Pamela x

Paula said...

Glorious - tht stitching is so good with this & the sequins pretty like that. Love the hint of green & just all the texture is super - am just putting mine together & I too am loving this one.
All the best for studying too.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Mary J said...

Really gorgeous card, Alison! I love that sketch too - used it myself and really pleased with the results!

So pleased you could join us at Totally Gorjuss!

Sadilla said...

HI
your card is very nice and soft...I like the stamp you used, and the colouring...
hugs
Sadia

Sadilla said...

P.S. I became a follower, cause your blog is so nice, and your cards all so sweet and lovely...
hugs
Sadia

Suzanne said...

A fantastic card. So beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Tine said...

Hi. Stunning card. Love the image, layout and in fact, everything about it! Thanks for joining us this week at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Debs said...

fabulous card, beautiful use of vellum and love the layout and color, thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams this week
Debs
xxx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh how very beautiful!
I so love your use of white and your sweet image!
Gorgeous creation!
hugs
kim x

Crafteezee said...

Hi Alison, I love this card, so elegant. Thanks for your comments on my blog, I am now following you....
Hugs Tracy x

PaulaM said...

Allison, This is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. I LOVE the soft gray to bring out the white. The stitching along the edge is the best. And I LOVE that image - she is SO adorable and you have made her even better. TFS

Danielle Daws said...

Absolutely breathtaking!! I love everything about it! :-)

Julie said...

A beautiful card. I love that SN image and the snowflakes are fab. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
Julie x

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Alison. Love the image and the colouring is fab. Debs xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Beautiful card, I do so love this Snowflake image and your layout is fabulous :O) Thanks for playing along with us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
hugs
wynneth
x

Kathy said...

WOW this is just stunning!!! White is my favorite color and you have made such a beautiful card with it! Your details are gorgeous and such a cute image!
:)kathy

JAYNE said...

This card is stunning, I have this stamp and would never had thought to colour it in this way, just gorgeous.
Jayne

chris said...

Hi Alison, thanks for popping over to my blog, its great to see ya!
your card is gorgeous, love the fresh clean look. hugs chris xx

Lorraine said...

Really, really lovely. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

gina g said...

Gorgeous card i love the sweet image. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

Mina said...

wow Alison this is gorgeous, I love your SN image...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's monthly and Colour Create challenges
Mina xxx

Julie said...

FAbulous, awesome design and layout!! And a little bit of Richard too - yum! Thanks for joining us at Colour Create this week. Juliexx

Gez said...

Very pretty card. :) Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Gorjuss. Gez.x

JAYNE said...

Hi. Have just been on Bunny Zoes blog and theres some great news for you on there, pop over and have a look. xx

Rymyrinsessa said...

Just love this!! <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...