Friday, 12 November 2010

My first attempt at Watercolouring!


I have been quite busy studying the last couple of weeks, but as I managed to submit my assignment on time, I allowed myself a day to play! :) 
I have never tried watercolour pencils before, so it was with great trepidation I sat with a Koi waterbrush and some sakura pencils, assuming that it would take several attempts and get quite messy!  This image would have taken me about 15 minutes to colour with my beloved pro-markers, but I spent a good hour on this, enjoyed every minute and was totally engrossed!

I think I was inspired by a challenge blog this week called 'The kitchen sink!' LOL! Not really, but it felt that way.  I used an 8x8 inch card (arent they massive!) and it looked incredibly bare without all the embellies.

I was quite thrilled this week to discover that the Crafters Companion challenge blog is now open to any image or project following their theme.  I have quite a lot of crafters companion stuff  (I would be lost without my CC scoreboards etc) but as I never have coloured ink for my printer (being a miserly student) I cant really print papers and images that often, so to be able to show my support and enter their challenges this way is really good news.

I used HOTP papers, Marianne D dies and an MS Doily Punch. Leaves and flowers from stash.

I will be entering this card in the below competitions:

Crafters Companion - Fab sketch, thoroughly enjoyed it!
Wild Orchid Challenge - Classic Christmas
Lexis Creations - Anything Goes
The Stampman - Christmas
Sir Stampalot - Christmas Traditions
The ABC Challenge - H is for Holidays

Thanks so much for looking, and good luck to everyone in these challenges.



15 comments:

Kreativmonster said...

Very, very pretty card! Keep on trying, you're on the right way! I used watercolours a lot, pencils and paint box, and I stll use them for special effects. With me waterbrushes don't work, it's always much too wet. I use aquarellbrushes and whipe them almost dry before touching the colour on the paper.

brenda said...

Hi there

What a super card.

It that's your first attempt at watercolours, well done, it's shaded beautifully.


Thank you for joining in at Stampalot Challenge this month, good luck and hope to see you again.

B x
More Stampalot candy here

KarinsArtScrap said...

Hi alison.
your first attempt came out well, just very beautiful you did a great job.
beautiful design and finished touches.

greetings karin

Kathyk said...

It IS a beautiful card and for a first attempt is something you should be really proud of.

Kathyk

Paula said...

Well - that's just stunning. Just love those die cuts & the way you've layered it all. The shading is amazing - all the best with the Challenges.
Paula (PEP)
PS - That's some feat of colouring with ProMarkers - I can't even comprehend how it's possible to do in 15 mins.

Rymyrinsessa said...

Very beautifull and nicely made! This looks very luxyrious! <3

chris said...

Hello Alison, this is so so STUNNNING. I adore it.
thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot Challenge, hugs chris xx

Heidi said...

Wow this is beautiful Alison!
Your colouring is amazing:) Well done.
Have a nice weekend!
Hugs, Heidi:)

leannchiverscraft said...

I love what you have done with our sketch kepp joining ini cant wait to see what you come up with next

Leann Chivers

Suzilou said...

Wow Alison just love this card, that image is so pretty and would never have guessed that this is your first attempt at water colouring, i'm still trying to master the promarkers :)xx

pinky said...

Beautiful card, love the colours and those pretty little flowers. Thanks for playing along at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Clare *Littlebear* said...

This is really beautiful, I love all the great detail. Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

Tracy said...

I love your choice of image and the design and finishing touches, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

elenor said...

Wonderful card! =)
Hugs, Elenor

http://www.metrobloggen.se/paltbarn

Sally H said...

A gorgeous Christmas creation! Thanks for Sharing with us at Sir Stampalot and good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...