Thursday, 3 February 2011

Wot! No Pink!



Right....... there are only so many pink valentines cards a girl can make! :)  lol. 

The theme over on the Kenny K Krafty Girlz challenge this week is 'My Favourite Things' and I didnt feel much inspired to make a card about cheese, so I sat and thought a bit.  As I am not a very materialistic person, its quite hard without getting all mushy to convey my favourite things.  So I guess creativity, freedom and not taking life too seriously is how I feel about this card. 


I again used my new favourite technique of hand stitching beads onto a project (sentiment panel and edges).  I had a lot of wonderful comments on my previous card about the beading and how long it must have taken me.  Well 'patience is a virtue, virtue is a grace.......... and Grace was a girl who never washed her face' (apparently) :) lol.

So I guess I never really thought about it, as its something I enjoy doing.  But it really didnt feel like it took that long. 



I spent longer trying to get my colouring right on this, and was really pleased with the sparkle I managed to get with long forgotten sakura pens, and the black glaze pen really came into its own for the leather/patent boots and corset.

I used (and distressed) K&Co papers, wild orchid craft Roses, and beads from another old bracelet. I added a little more shimmer with Perfect Pearls antique green spritz - not so clear in the pic, and I printed my own sentiment. (There are loads of great copyright free sayings and quotes online, this was from Imagenations).

I am entering this card in the spirit of Valentines day in the following competitions:

Kenny K Krafty Girlz - Favourite Things
Simon Says Stamp - Love
Fussy and Fancy Friday - No Red or Pink Valentines
Cute Card Thursday - Banish the blues with humour
Simon Says Stamp and Show some Love
Wild Orchid Crafts - Love is ....
Crafters Companion - Romance
PaperPlay Challenges - stamp with digi or rubber
Do You Stack Up - Red Hot and spicy - go wild.
2 Sisters - Girls just wanna have fun
Craft Your Days Away - Love and Valentine
Creative Inspirations - Valentine
Creative Craft Challenge - Hearts and Flowers
Try it Tuesday Taggers - Feel the Love
Crafty Creations - Love is like a red, red rose.
Cooking it up with Kate - Brown, metal and 2 DP

Thanks so much for looking and good luck to everyone in these challenges



41 comments:

D K Crafts said...

Hi Alison. Wow!!! Another stunning card. Love the colours you have used and your colouring is fab. Great sentiment, made me laugh and suits your image perfectly. I never get any of those things on Valentine's Day as we celebrate my youngest daughter's birthday. Hope you are lucky and receive these. Love the beading again and good luck with your challenges. Donna

Suzilou said...

Oh boy Alison she is amazing, I love the sparkle WOW! Your beading again is fantastic, and that sentiment made me laugh, was discussing gifts for Valentines with the other half as I decided I didnt really want chocs as we still have them from Christmas!! I decided he could get me some crafty bits and he wants a game for his PC - Who said romance was dead! hehe

Anyway stunning card and wow to all them challenges, will have to see what I can enter if I ever get a card completed :)
xx

Louise said...

Oh my goodness, another fabulous card and beading! Absolutely love your sentiment. Well I don't need chocs but hope I get some even though they're not diet-friendly. LOL neither am I am the moment. xx

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Alison. The black and gold are a striking combo!
Clairex

Pamela Pattison Lash said...

First of all your card is fabulous - such creativity. I got a chuckle out of your "about me" comments - I heart Richard Armitage too! I just became a follower and would love if you'd follow me too.
Mama Lovebug from LoveBug Creations
http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/

PS I have Scottish roots too!

Miranda said...

Hi Alison, this image is surely red hot
cool card, great colous too
thanks for playing along with DYSU

hugs
Miranda

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow alison I like this very much.
what a great card and I love the colors you have used.

greetings karin

*Alison* said...

Super cool card.. LOVE the bling you added to make your creation HOT!! Way to "Stack Up" at DYSU RED HOT Challenge.. I can't wait to see what you create next week.. HUGS
Alison
DYSU-Owner

Doreen said...

This is amazing I love the colours and all the glitter.Thanks for sharing this with us at CYDA.xxx

Paula said...

Stunning use of the Sakura pens - love the sentiment too & those boots are something else. Total stunner. Love the way the leaf die-cuts pick up on the the intricate shapes along the edge of the die-cut image panel, hope that describes what I mean.
The charm is delightful (&picks up nicely on both her arm & thigh tattoos) as is your bit about Grace - indeed very apt but I'm sure you do wash your face.
Paula (PEP)

Céline said...

fab card, love the sentiment (too fun...) the gold hair are fabulous, love all that sparkle!
thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
hugs
céline

Rach said...

oh wow, this is amazing, love the glittery stocking and all the other detail that you have added.. brilliant sentiment..
thank you for joining us over at the Kenny K Krafty girlz challenge blog.. xxxx

Tammy said...

WOW this is stunning! I LOVE that image! The colors, sparkle & sentiment are fantastic! Thanks for Cooking it up with Katie this week!
Tammy x

Katina said...

Absolutely AMAZING!! I can't pick out individual bits because the way you've put the whole thing together is just perfect. I think if you did make a card about cheese I'd probably love it!! xxx

Janna said...

Woow :D Hot! Thanks so much for joining us at DYSU! Janna

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card, I like that image and the fab colour, but i love that sentiment.
Kevin xx

Denise and Louise said...

Really lovely card - truly Hot!! Thanks for joining us at DYSU

Pauline said...

Awesome creatio, Alison.... wow she's hot! Thanks for sharing at DYSU!
hugs and blessings,
Pauline

Katie said...

Great card!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

fabricbutterfly said...

You should be thrilled with this card, it is absolutely adorable, so funny!!!

Dan said...

Great card! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Zulma said...

Great card!Thanks for playing with us at 2 SC this week.
Zulma DT

coops said...

fantastic card alison.i love the sassy image and your colours are stunning.
the bead detail really makes your card special and i love the sentiment :D

xx coops xx

WencheP said...

Supercool card, thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Nikbee said...

A fab card. I love the colours and the sentiment. The sparkly image is wonderful too. Thank you for joining us at creative craft.

Nikki x

Sue said...

Hi Alison, your cards are fab - love your beading technique. Sue.x

Meggymay said...

Great card, love the image and colours you used. Thankyou for sharing it with us at TioT's.

Jack said...

Fabulous card, love the sparkle and the sentiment if perfect, lol. xx

princesskitten said...

wicked ;-)

kitten DYSU team

Peggysue said...

Fabulous card! You have so many great tips for the little details that really make your card special! Learned a lot. Maybe I'll put a bead or two on one of my cards someday...
Thank you for joining us at DYSU forRED HOT week. Please play again!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Wow your card is fabulous!
Love your gorgeous colours and such pretty papers and detail!
So happy that you have joined us at KKKGC......

Hugs
Judith

Beverly Sams said...

Love the "no pink" Valentine! What a refreshing color combo and no-nonsense sentiment :) The beading is brilliant!

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow!
This is amazing and that sparkle is soooo gorgeous!
hugs
kim x

Ildiko said...

Gorgeous card, thanks playing along with TIOT
hugs
Ildiko

Theresa said...

OMG! What an amazing card. Your coloring is amazing. Fabulous.

Jill said...

stunning card love the colours you've used and the attention to detail it really shows thanks for joining us at KKKG hugs Jill xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Ooh nice! I love the coloring and the glitter in her hair! The sentiment is fantastic too!! hehe : )

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card, I love the image, the colours, everything..! thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge

Bev x

Jenni said...

Gorgeous card - nice to see something other than pink or red! Thanks so much for joining in the Crafty Creations challenge this week.
Jenni x

Mel X said...

Absolutely brilliant - gorgeous colouring and papers. That sentiment is just HILARIOUS - would be appropriate to give to my hubby rofl.

Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy. Good luck.

Mel X

Kim said...

Oh my goodness this is so cute and fun! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...