Monday, 21 March 2011

Delicious!


I was really chuffed a couple of weeks ago to win this stamp on a Sugar Nellie blog-hop whilst popping over to see Tracy's fabulous creations.  Its a Simply Sassy image called Delicious and is quite different from what I would normally play with, but I love it, so thank you :) ! 

I used Anna Griffin papers and I made the flowers using Marianne Creatibles Dies which I fell in love with when I saw them on Karins blog.   They took me quite a while to do, as there are 5 dies, and you can use in any combination, but I spent a bit of time experimenting with the sizing.  I stitched them together using a pearl bead as an anchor, but you can just as easy use glue. :)  I think they look amazing for paper flowers!


........and, as usual, I have to have a bit of 'greenery' with my flowers - else its not natural!, lol, so I used my favouritest punch - McGill branch.

I used Art Glitter for a bit of sparkle, pearls, charm and ribbon from stash.

I am entering this card in the following competitions:

The Sugar Bowl  - Great sketch by Erika
Simon Says Stamp - Happy Birthday
Charisma Cardz - To Die For
Do You Stack Up - Add a bow
CES Challenges - Inspired by song - David Bowie - Red Shoes/Lets Dance'
Wild Orchid Challenge - Die-ing to punch it out
The Shabby Tea Room - Bingo - Punch/Flowers/Gems


Thanks so much for looking, have a great week, and good luck to everyone in these challenges.

24 comments:

Olga said...

Congrats on winning such a cute stamp, your flowers are amazing, have a great day!!!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, cute card, beautiful flowers.
luv
Debby

bridget said...

Love your card Alison! Cool stamp & I LOVE those flowers!

Marion said...

Hi Alison, Wow! This is a simply stunning card and I am in love with those flowers you made. Gorgeous image and colouring is beautiful. That McGill punch is my fav one to use although I find it very hard to punch, worth the sore hands though!
hugs
Marion

Leah the Orange said...

another fab creation, Alison! you have me HOOKED on these Marianne dies - i have a huge wish list going now! :) thanks for playing along again at Charisma. xo

princesskitten said...

That is super - great image - love the colour

kitten DYSU team

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous card Alison, I love the colours and your fab flowers.
Kevin xx

Katina said...

Another stunner Alison and I agree that stamp is fab! I've just got those flower dies too and had a little play over the weekend. Need a bit more practice I think! xx

Little K Smith said...

Oh this is sooo lovely Alison! Love the colours and papers, gorgeous flowers 'n' leaves and love the cute teapot charm too! :)
Kelly.x

WencheP said...

I love all the details and the flowers are awesome! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie fabulous card I love the colour & the flowers look awesome. I have this stamp isnt it fabulous you've coloured her beautifully. Love your paper, I have a huge weakness for beautiful papers lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Daniele said...

lovin' all those flowers on your lovely card, think my knees resemble the one on the image.....lol
hugs

KarinsArtScrap said...

hi alison, your card is beautiful.
love the flower roses [ lol ].
glad you have them they are great.
you can do a lot with these, love the charm too.

greetings karin

Iulia said...

I love RED! And your card is just the red that I love! Then, your flowers look amazing! I've become so lazy these days that I wouldn't even make a single flower. Shame on me! But those MD dies are great. I used to put brads in the middle of my handmade flowers, it's easier to layer the die-cuts.
The image is so cute and that charm is definitely a must have!
Hugs sweetie!

Louise said...

Ooo this is a lovely card Alison, lucky you winning such a great stamp. I really like how you've done the flowers. Oh and big congratulations on your DT spot.

D K Crafts said...

Hi Alison. Gorgeous card. Great colours and layout and the image is fab. Love the flowers and the little charm. Good luck with your challenges. Donna

weewiccababe said...

gorgeous card Alison and those flowers definitely have the wow factor
Debz
xx

Denise and Louise said...

Fantastic card Alison. Love the red!! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow!! Totally gorgeous!! :) Such a lovely creation!
Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week ~Sr. DT member

Kelly said...

Those layered flowers are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at FFF, we look forward to seeing your future creations.

Miranda said...

fantastic card again Alison, I love your eye for details there is always so much to discover on your cards and the image is cute
hugs
Miranda
DYSU DT

Janna Werner said...

Hi Alison! Always love seeing ur creations! Wonderful colours and a fantastic bow! Thanks so much for playing along at DYSU Challenge Blog this week! Janna

Trisha said...

Great B-Day creation! Love the image, the flowers, charm and the colors! So beautiful!!Thanks for playing at Fairy Fun Fridays! xox Trisha

crafty amy said...

This is so pretty and well done on winning the great stamp :D
Thank you for joining us at CES and good luck. Don't forget to check tomorrow to see if you have won and to see our new challenge.

Hugs

Amy xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...