Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Enchanting


Boy was the sun shining when I took this photo! :) lol - it was a glorious morning.

I had planned to make this card a couple of weeks ago when I stumbled on this old DP in my stash.  It was a  12 x 12 sheet of paper but I have no idea what it is or where it was from. tut!  The image is a sweet pea stamp called Enchanting Gold and was fabulous to colour with promarkers and sakura crystal pen (not clear on pic)

Again I distressed, sanded and hand-stitched and beaded the DP, (close up below) and this really didnt take me that long.  Most of my crafting is done standing up (which is a good thing) but occasionally its nice to just sit down and relax, and so hand-stitching and beading gives me something to do when TV bores me ;) (most of the time) lol.


I used MS pap for the border, added some organza ribbon, pearl brad and starfish charm from stash.  I used beautiful roses from WOC and punched the ferny leaves from an envelope! lol.  I had to have the right shade of green! ;)

I also stitched the image and beaded the corners (below) and sanded the edges of the nestie.  I swapped for some of the doohickey swirl die cuts - oh how I love them, so those dies are next on my list (after silicone glue)  Does anyone know where I can get silicone with free P&P in the UK?



.........and that as they say is about it - phew!

Im quite pleased with this card (for a change) and will be entering it in the below competitions:

Wild Orchid Crafts - Anything Goes
In a Sweet Pea Dream - Warmer Weather
Bling it On - Anthing Goes - with extra charm
Sweet Pea Stampers - Favourites - I used my favourite technique of stitching and beading as I really cannot pick a favourite Sweet Pea stamp - they are all beautiful :)
Passion for Promarkers - Sugar Rush - girly/pretty cards
Top Tip Tuesday - Favourites - I used my favourite technique of stitching and beading.
Bunny Zoe's Challenge - Spring .... flowers everywhere
Paper Sundaes - How charming
Lexis creations - Flowers

Thanks so much for looking and good luck to everyone in these challenges.



30 comments:

Kathyk said...

WTG Alison - what a splendiferous card

Kathyk

D K Crafts said...

Hi Alison. Really stunning card. Love the image which is beautifully coloured and the colours and papers are gorgeous. Your stitching and beads adds so much detail and makes your cards really special. Donna

Leanne said...

WOWZERS - this is absolutely stunning!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!  Hope to see you again next week!

Hugs
Leanne xx

Ann-Marie said...

Oh my this is simply stunning. So love the idea of stitching beads on your card its looks fabulous. I love those images and so beautifully coloured. You could try Joanna Sheens website for your glue she offers free P & P on all orders (min spend £5). Also your question on my blog re: my new MS punch I got mine from my local craft shop (Emerald Crafts, Lyndhurst) but they do not appear to have it on their website but I have found it in stock on The Glitter Pot website its the deep edge punch - Scroll Heart. Hope this helps. Take care Ann-Marie xxx

shell said...

Totally gorjuss hun, i love it, Thanks for joining us at Bling It On...
Shell xx

nat x x said...

great card

Suzilou said...

Oh Alison another stunner of a card, that image is gorgeous, everything on this card is sooooo pretty, love it!

Just to let you know had an email off The Glitter Pot this morning they are offering free postage on all internet orders up to midnight Wed 2nd March :)

laney said...

Loving your bling Alison !!fabulous hun!!
thank you for joining us on the very first challenge at Bling it on
Good Luck
hugs
laney

Lisa Jane said...

what a beautiful card - stunning image and fabulously stitched beading
Thanks for joining us at BTC&G this month
Lisa ;)
ps over at Ladybug crafts ink challenges we have a stitching challenge this week

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card alison.
like the soft colors and that little charm.
great coloring and the roses are beautiful too.

greetings karin

Mrs.B said...

This is just gorgeous Alison. The stitching and beading is beautiful. Again, love all the detail you add to your cards.
Avril x

Rach said...

Alison this is a beautiful card, stunning detail.. hugs rachxx

Ida / Little said...

Gorgeous card with beautiful details! Thanks for joining us at PfP this week!

Hugs Ida

Pops x said...

This is just gorgeous chick, love the image hugs pops x x x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Alison, the stitching and beading is fab, I like all the detail.
Kevin xx

Sharon said...

Now this is sooo gorgeous!! Beautiful use of the embellishments. Love the beading in the stitching.
Thanks for joining us for our first challenge at Bling It On....
Sharon xx

Paula said...

Have just sent you an email - but then saw your earlier comments - oh well. Have another source if either of those fails. Love all the detail in this one - those leaves are a terrific match for the long danly fronds of the image & I like your sanding. Love the little pearl heart & all the stitiching around your image - very original.
Paula (PEP)

Anne said...

Wow what a gorgeous card and great favourite technique. Thank you for taking the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hope you’ll join us again!
Hugs
Anne

PS I use Pinflair and I get it from Joanna Sheen who has free p&p over £5

Patsi said...

wow this is beautiful. I love the image and the way you have added the extra greenery to the flowers. thanks for joining our first challenge at Bling It On..... xx

Louise said...

Yet another fabulous card Alison, I love everything on it and the beading is fantastic! Thanks for lovely comments on my blog and I've given you and Coops a little mention today. Thanks for reminding me where I'd seen the original comment. My brain's definitely turning to mush!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Alison, what a gorgeous card. The image is so cute and your colouring is fab. I love your choice of papers. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

coops said...

fantastic card alison.the image is stunning and i love your beautiful colours and details .
thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

this is just gorgeous!!!
thanks for showing us your fav at SPS!!!

Marion said...

Hi Alison, Oh my! This is just stunning. I love how you stitch and add beads etc, so individual. Fabulous paper choice and terrific detail with those embellishments. Love it.
hugs
Marion

Teri said...

Beautiful card hun!
Thanks for playing at SPS this week, and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri xx

Gro said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Your image is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at PfP.
Hugs :o)

oheidia said...

Love the image and your colouring is fab!


Thanks for joining our challenge at PFP;=)

alicaz said...

Fabulous! The soft colors and roses go perfectly with the image! Love the charm too!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

KymKreates said...

I am feeling warmer just looking at you wonderful creation!!

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Pea Dream!

KymKreates
Sweet Pea DT

Vixykins said...

Thank You for joining in with our Sugar Rush challenge at Passion for Promarkers with your lovely design, love the little bow x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...