Friday 1 November 2013

Elegant Christmas


Hi and Good Morning everyone :) 

First of all I would like to thank everyone who sent me birthday cards and gifts!  It is so much appreciated, and I was blown away :)   Thank you! 

My card today showcases some of Cheery Lynn  Designs most fabulous and elegant Christmas Dies!
 
I started off with a 6 x 6 scalloped blank card base and layered deep red DCWV cardstock and Bo Bunny paper, and then had a blast cutting the gorgeous festive designs.
 
The back panel has the snowflake mesh border overlaying the striped paper, and also the gorgeous Holly Lace Flourish.  I then stuck down the second mat and paper and added the stunning Christmas Star Tree using the angel wing to back in red card for impact.
 
I added the Holly corner, Merry christmas sentiment, and then combined Alisons Ribbons and the star strip from the Expandable Tiny Borders
 
I used the poinsetta flower strip for 3 quick and easy christmas flowers, and these are held together with pearl brads.  I then added some deep red berry pearls and some ice white pearls for a finishing frosty touch.
 
All dies used on this card are:

DL247 - Christmas Star Tree
B372 - Snowflake Mesh Border
B324 - Poinsetta Strip
B186 - Merry Christmas Set
B184 - Holly Corner
B335 - Alisons Ribbons
B215 - Expendable Tiny Borders
B148 - Holly Lace Flourish

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today, and I hope you found time to enter our challenge this week where I theme is Borders and Edgers.

Have a smashing week!



19 comments:

Marilyn said...

Beautiful design and wow... I do love those die cuts!

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card. Love the die cuts.
Really elegant card.
Gr Elly

viera- scrapbooking a svet papieru said...

gorgeous cards

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a gorgeous and elegant christmas card Alison.

gr karin

Samantha said...

A gorgeous card Alison and a beautiful design. I love the Christmas die :)
gr. Samantha

Claire said...

This is just gorgeous, fabulous dies as always. Hugs, Claire x

Lorraine said...

A beautiful card Alison. A gorgeous design and dies.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Sue B said...

Wow! this is gorgeous Alison! I love the contrast of the colours and the die cuts look awesome!! the card has a lovely traditional and homely feel to it! :-)
Hope you have a fab weekend!
Big hugs
Sue xx

gobeagirl said...

Hi Alison, so sorry I didn't know if was your birthday, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! As always your card is just so stunning. I just love the colors as the way you have put this together. Just Gorgeous! Hope your November is off to a wonderful start. Hugs Lisa G

Gitte said...

Beautiful christmas card.

coops said...

so gorgeous alison.really stunning design and i love the fab tree :D
Belated Happy Birthday too, i hope you had a fabulous day.

xx coops xx

Patricia said...

Brilliant card I love the design. Great Christmas Tree

Patricia x

Dodie said...

Simply stunning card! My favorite part has to be the crisp white flourishes. Thanks for the creative inspiration.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Seemed to have missed this one Alison, its a really beautiful card. Belated birthday wishes to you too! Susan x

KarenL said...

Gorgeous Alison, as are all your cards. Hope you're keeping well.

xx

Rita said...

What a beautiful Christmas card Alison. Hugs Rita xxx

Brenda W. said...

Sure miss you and your cards. Keep checking and hoping you'll solve your internet problems.
Your cards are incredible! I firmly believe you have every die known to Cheery Lynn and most of the others as well, but your cards are always so carefully clean and well done. Hope we get you back soon.

coops said...

hey alison.I hope things are ok.I pop by often to see if you are back to blogging.take care.
Nic.xx

NdakJoleh said...

The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin Digital Printing Rawamangun wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :)
Digital Printing 24 Jam
Pusat Cetak Yasin
Cetak Buku Menu Restoran
Cetak Buku Yasin
Pusat Cetak Yasin
Digital Printing Murah
Blog Remaja
Cetak Buku Umroh Haji
Cetak Buku Satuan Jakarta

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...