Monday 24 May 2010

Just Magnolia - Challenge 56


This is my entry for the Just Magnolia Challenge this week.
This week there was a sketch to follow, and I really enjoyed it :)
I wanted to go for a faded/bleached out denim look, with just a tiny bit of distressing on the DP.  It really feels wrong to rip and damage paper, but I love the look of distressed cards, so I'm trying to get used to it gently! lol.

Anyway, this was made again using HOTP papers (I'm working my way through the pad, as I have 2 of them!) and I used an MS punch, card candy, distressed stickles and I die cut the leaves and flowers.  I also hand stitched the back panel again, as it doesnt take too long, and helps me think about my design.

I am also entering this in the Charisma Cardz 3d Challenge - its 3d this week, and my nestie is on foam pads, and my flower is hand made and layered on top of the leaves.

4 comments:

Mina said...

wow Alison stunning colouring I love the folds of the dress...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Paula (PEP) said...

Those colours & the stitching really work a treat. i too love the distressed look & you really achieved it here - know what you mean about the tearing/filing of edges.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a lovely card
I want to know are that buttons or brads on the left site
she is very cute


greetings karin

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Karin, it is Card Candy - they say like brads but without legs! :)

they are just cardboard buttons, and come in an amazing range of colours.
I will pop over to your blog and leave a link xx alison xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...