Saturday 19 June 2010

Heroes


I made this card for Father's Day - to celebrate my 2 heroes from Nottingham - Robin Hood and my dad! :)
I followed a sketch from Cute Card Thursday by Claudia - and it was brilliant! I loved making this card!  I was also inspired by the theme on Papertake Weekly which is this week Ice Cream Flavours - me thinking Mint Choc Chip here ;)

I made the arrows out of cocktail sticks and feathers, and my husband David thought they looked hilarious (Tut - Heathen!)  The paper was Joanna Sheen, and a textured hand made paper I found in stash.  This image so was nice to colour in - Edwin as Robin Hood from the Magnolia Stamps Fairytale range.

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:

Just Magnolia - Garden theme - Sherwood Forest innit? :)
Cute Card Thursday - Fab Sketch
Papertake Weekly - Ice Cream Flavours - Mint Choc Chip
Crafty Cardmakers - Cards for Men
Cup Cake Craft Challenges - One for the boys.

Thanks for looking, and good luck to everyone in these challenges.



5 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

I do admire your colouring - wish we lived closer to swap ideas. The hat & boots are amazing. Those feathers are ingenious & I love the swirls & buttons & the bark effect paper. Love the ice cream too. All the best with the challenges. Great to see you back with paper, ink & punches.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is very lovely
I like the arrows the turn out well
they look very real
great card again


greetings karin

Catherine said...

I adore your card ! I think it is fantastic ! The DP, the colouring of the image and the embellishments, everything is perfect ! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week and good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful colours and sweet Edwin.
luv
Debby

Stampin Mindy said...

Very cute, Love this little stamp.

Thank you for joining us at Just Magnolia!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...