Sunday 12 September 2010

Back to Basics


This week on the Sugar Nellie - PCP Challenge, we had a challenge to make a card without DP!... So I went back to basics on this card, and not only have I used Mirri Board (despite vowing never to use it again) I have also stamped and emobssed my own background!..  (go me!) :D

It was quite a challenge but really nice to reconnect with a side of stamping I often forget.
I used a digi-stamp from Funky Kits/Sugar Nellie and I die cut my leaves.

This is the one challenge I like to make sure I enter each week, as it has 3 great Sugar Nellie stamps (free choice) up for grabs.  Its a small forum type challenge and really friendly. :)

I am also entering this card in the following competitions:

Colour Create Challenge - Red, Gold and White
PaperPlay Challenges - Autumnal colours
Totally Gorjuss - Use Flowers
Allsorts challenge - Colours of Autumn

Thanks so much for looking xxalisonxx

14 comments:

Heidi said...

Make a card without DP... hm sounds difficult!
But you have made a fantastic card Alison:)
Well done:)
The image is so cute and I love your colouring.
Hugs, Heidi

Linda said...

Lovely card Alison. Am liking the autumn colours. Good luck!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

ooooo alison what a lovely and beautiful card
like that paper and image

greetings karin

brenda said...

Hi Alison

What a super card, gorgeous rich colours.

Thank you for joining in my Colours of Autumn theme at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

Our suster challenge is looking for new DT members http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com/

Paula (PEP) said...

Absolutely love this - super embossing & colours. Thanks for your lovely comments - very touched by your thoughts.
Paula (PEP)
I owe you an email - it will come.

Paula (PEP) said...

PS - all the best for this week's draw.
PEP

Kat said...

This is gorgeous. Love your handmade flowers. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Pink Dandelion said...

Gorgeous card Alison, Love the colours you have used for your backing paper. Debs xx

Fleur said...

Oh this really is stunning I love the cute image & the warm colours are perfect
Thanks for joining the challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

stampingandstitching said...

Adorable card! The image is so sweet and your colouring is wonderful! Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Cute & adorable card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Play! :)

Maya said...

Ohhh this is wonderful!!
Love the papers, design and details are fab.
Hugs from Maya

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Another gorgeous card and the background looks fantastic, would never have guessed you did it yourself :-)
Anne xx

Julie said...

Beautiful card - I love the background!! Super cute little image too! Thanks for joining us at Colour Create this time around! Juliexx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...