Monday 20 December 2010

Crafty Cardmakers - Mega Christmas Challenge

Today, I am sharing two cards that I am entering in the Crafty Cardmakers challenge.  The rules are quite simple and for once only, we are allowed to backlink to previous projects and show how far we have come on our card-making journey.

So I am entering the below two cards as;

My Greatest - Original Post Link: Little Princess


Now I enjoyed making this card more than anything! :) I loved colouring this image, loved working with this colour scheme and these papers, and I think I smiled the whole time I was making it. :)  I consider it to be my greatest card, not because it won a prize, it didnt, but it did get picked for the top 5 Passionista on the Passion for Promarkers  and the top 3 in the I love Promarkers challenges.  I was blown away to have been picked by the respective DT's and awarded my badges!

My First:  I could enter an early card for this, but a real landmark for me this year in cardmaking was using watercolours.......... (Original Link: My First... )



I was really nervous attempting this card, as I had NEVER used watercolour pencils before.  Sadly I lost my mum late last year and she had quite a large collection of these pencils, which my dad then passed to me.  Anyway, after staring at them long enough, I thought I really must try and give them a go.  I enjoyed taking my time with them, and even though it took me a lot longer than I would normally spend colouring an image, it gave me time to reflect and I found it quite peaceful and relaxing.
I think she would have been really proud, as she loved painting and drawing, and in later years card-making, and my mums creativity was always an inspiration to me.  

Thanks so much for looking :)



3 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

hi alison, how are you, it's a long time ago.
your cards are great.
and the snow we have a lot off here too.

merry christmas and a happy new year to you.
and your family and freinds.

greetings karin

Anonymous said...

Two absolutely fabulous cards. Your colouring is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in the fun at Crafty Cardmakers this week. xx

Sheila said...

Beautiful cards and I love the colours used. TY for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week! Sheila:)X

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...