Wednesday 3 August 2011

Things with Wings - I ♥ Promarkers



Now this is going to be a brief post from me, as the original scheduled posting (which took me an hour) just completely vanished when I pressed publish, and threw me in a right panic.  It might re-appear and I will have a double post, or it might not :(  Naughty blogger!

So today over at I ♥ Promarkers we have  a new challenge theme and this week it is 'Things With Wings' - One of my favourites! :)  We are sponsored again by one of our regular and generous sponsors Joanna Sheen, so its a really fabulous prize up for grabs.

I used a Sugar Nellie image and followed the great sketch over at The Sugar Bowl.

The lacy border, doily, butterflies and vines were cut using my Silhouette digital die cutter - I told you I would be putting it through its paces! :) lol.  It does take longer than using my bug, but its lovely to have such a variety and have the ability to resize them too.

I am entering this card in the below competitions:

The Sugar Bowl - Fabby sketch by KiKi
Colour Create - Pink, Green & White
C.R.A.F.T Challenge - Fairy Tales
PaperPlay Challenges - In The Garden
Totally Papercrafts - Bling it up
Allsorts Challenge - Free & Easy
Crafters Companion - Glitter and Glitz
Crafty Cardmakers - Flutterbies
The Ribbon Reel - Chantilly Lace
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Crafts and Me - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for looking at my blog today, and if you have the time please check back tomorrow when I have some exciting news. :)

27 comments:

Sara H said...

Oh what a sweet card and an adorable image!Your colouring is fabulous, love how you made the shine!
The borders and butterflies are to die for !!!
hugs,
sara

Annette said...

I love this card Alison. The pinks and the lace are just gorgeous. This really is my type of card. Love it. Annette xx

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is just sooooo darn pretty loving the doilies etc they are lush. I have the craft robo have had it for a year & only used it once....I forget about it lol. I should really dig it out. Loving the flutterbies shug & the image is fab. I luurrrvve things with wings but I dont use my pm's anymore but you never know lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Heidi said...

Your card is stunning Alison!
Gorgeous image and beautiful colours:)
Great design.
Have a nice day.
Hugs, Heidi:)

Paula (PEP) said...

You are making incredible use of that Silhouette. Love the doily & butterflies & your soft colours, especially with your pearls. Looking forward to your news too - take care & much love
Paula (PEP)

craftieodmae said...

wow, what a piece of art!!!! Absolutley breathtaking! I love the lace border you made too!

D K Crafts said...

Hi Alison. Gorgeous card. Love the soft colours and the image is really sweet. The doily, border etc are really beautiful. Look forward to your news tomorrow. Donna

Claire said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous card Alison - love the image and such pretty colours and embellishments. Hugs, Claire x

Denise said...

Alison this is sooo pretty. Gorgeous image and those die cuts are amazing - what a fab machine.
Hugs
Denise xx

Theresa said...

Let me pick my jaw up off the floor!! This is amazing. Of course it's in my favorite colors - pink. It may take longer to cut the image, but wow is it ever worth it. That doily and border are amazing. Beautifully done my friend.

Fiona said...

wow Alison...gorgeous card!! Love all those little butterflies too. I just got a new butterfly punch today..that will feature on tomorrows card!!

Fi
x

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Alison,
Wow - I love your card, what a super fairy image, I think I might have to get it! Fantastic colouring and loving the pink! Hugs, Teresa x

sharon said...

Wow that is so pretty, I love the dies you've used. Thanks for playing along at CRAFT challenge. Sharon x

Anonymous said...

So pretty Alison! I love the image and all the lacy details. xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow it's gorgeous alison, beautiful doily and lace border.

greetings karin

coops said...

oh wow now this is what i call beautiful :D
love it alison, your doily, lace and butterflies are stunning and i love the gorgeous image and your fab soft colouring :D

xx coops xx

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Alison!! Love the image and colouring and those gorgeous borders of flowers with pearls look so pretty with the roses and butterflies! Real stunner this one!!!
Sue xx

An Occasional Genius said...

Oh so pretty & I love the new Silhouette cuts, might take longer but look fabulous.

Hugs x

Pink Dandelion said...

Wow this is so pretty Alison, love the delicate cuts you can get with your Silhouette. Beautifully coloured image too. Debs xx

Kerry Steger said...

This is so very pretty and intricate!! Thanks for playing along with Colour Create!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous, love the pinks and that sweet image. Fabulously embellished too. Thanks for playing at Crafter's Companion this month. Marianne (I have some candy.)

Mummylade said...

this is absolutely adorable!! Thank you so much for entering this creation in the Allsorts free and easy challenge and good luck!

Pauline said...

Oh this is just gorgeous! I love this sweet image, your colouring is fabulous, and the lacy edging is so pretty. Thanks for joining us this week at The Ribbon Reel!

Oscar said...

I love the cute image you've used and super colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight!

Mrs.B said...

This is gorgeous, love all the die cutting, your machine - and you, are doing a great job!
Avril xx

Clare said...

This is SO pretty! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel!

Mina said...

wow Alison what a beautiful card and your colouring is just perfect...thanks for joining in with our Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...