Saturday, 29 June 2013

Citrus CAS


Hi and Good Morning Everyone :)

Back today with a card I made for the Cheery Lynn Designs Inspiration Blog

Well I was feeling bright and summery when I made this card, and I also fancied a bit of a challenge!  I dont do CAS very often (or very well!) and I also never play with orange!  So this ticks both of my 'out of my comfort zone' boxes. lol.

I started out with a 6 x 6 inch scalloped blank card base and layered First Edition papers onto white American Crafts Cardstock.

I then placed the Dutch Scalloped Square frame over my dotty paper and then added the scalloped square and square die cuts.  I cut the gorgeous Sophias Heart mini doily for my centrepiece and added the sentiment on top.  For a finishing touch I made 2 daisies from the Daisy Flower strip and topped off with a little card candi.

Simples!

All dies used on this card are:

DL140 - Dutch Scallop Square
DL238 - Sophias Heart Mini Doily
XL-2 - Scalloped Stackers Square
L-1 - Classic Silver Square Stackers
XM-5 - Scalloped Circle
XM-4 - Circles
B259 - Daisy Strip.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today, and I will absolutely be trying to pop along and catch up this week!

Have a smashing week,

15 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Just beautifully elegant. Love the scalloped edges and the sentiment.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Claire said...

Gorgeous card hun, love the design, colours and beautiful sentiment. Hugs, Claire x

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous card,fab design.xxx

Annette said...

A beautiful card, and a beautiful sentiment.
Gorgeous Alison
Hugs
Annette
xx

Sonia said...

Gorgeous card my dear^_^
Perfect embellishments as always^_^
Happy weekend,
Sonia

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful CAS card Alison.

greetings karin

Tracey T said...

Hey you! Love this one! That square doily die is beautiful and the orange and white combo is really clean and fresh. Hope you are OK, sweetie - sending love and hugs xxx

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the way the soft oranges of the patterned papers are accented by your bright card candi & the terrific crispness of the white contrast. The inner doily echoes the edging of the square scallops beautifully.
Paula (PEP)

Alyce said...

this is just so beautiful alison! i love the gorgeous dies... this square doily is great! the oranges are really beautiful aswell.. perfect with all of the white :)

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Alison. the dies are so pretty love the flowers (need the flower die!!) . Fab colour and design.
Lorraine x

gobeagirl said...

Hi Alison, My word, for being out of your comfort zone you are one fierce woman. This card is simply gorgeous!!! I love the simple line of it yet the beauty is just stunning... I think you are a very talented lady and I always enjoy coming over and seeing what you are up to. I think I have mentioned it before, but it is because of you that I have found a new respect for my dies and tend to go towards using them more on my cards than I ever have before. I bet when little punches came out your were one of those girls that could make a masterpiece out of just a couple different shape. :O) Anyway, I love the orange of this card and all the elements in between. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs, Lisa G

coops said...

so gorgeous and elegant Alison.really love the colours and sentiment and fab pretty design :D

xx coops xx

pam said...

beautiful card Alison, love the die cuts and colours
pam

Inkypinkydelights said...

Beuatiful CAs card Alison. I fine these so hard but yours if lovely. Judy x

Sue B said...

Wow! this is gorgeous Alison! what a beautiful colour combo… love those scrummy flowers with the pretty candi !! and the frames around the sentiment are really beautiful… :-)
Hope you are well hun!
Big hugs
Sue xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...