Friday 5 July 2013

Celtic Charm


Hi and Good Morning  :)  I hope everyone is enjoying some lovely summer weather?

My card this week for Cheery Lynn Designs uses some of the gorgeous celtic borders, mixed with some wonderful classic and newer dies too.

I started off with a 6 x 6 inch card base, and layered MME paper onto DCWV textured card.

I cut 2 different celtic borders, Celtic Band and Celtic Weave and then cut 2 x Ivy Corner Flourish, chopping one in half to rearrange the form.  Both flowers were made from Shasta Daisy Strip and held together with a pearl brad.

I coloured my digi image (Crafts & Me) in then matted onto a scalloped rectangle.  I cut the Dream Big words and layered onto both the image and tag.

Pretty simple card, but I think the dies all tie in together so well!

All dies used on this card are:

B200 - Celtic Band
B201 - Celtic Weave
B310 - Shasta Daisy
B261 - Tags 2
B315 - Ivy Corner Flourish
CM-2 - Scalloped rectangle
B245 - Dream Big

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today, im still struggling to keep on top of things, but I will be back properly soon.  Dont forget there is always fresh daily inspiration over on our Cheery Lynn Designs Inspiration Blog, so remember to take a look and checkout our weekly challenges too!.

I hope you have a smashing week!

22 comments:

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Alison. The image is gorgeous and I love the design and soft colours.
Hugs Sharon x

Little K Smith said...

Oh this is beautiful Alison! I love the gorgeous image and the colours are so soft & lovely :)
Kelly.x

KarinsArtScrap said...

Hello there Alison hope you are doing fine.
you have made a very beautiful card again.
such a beautiful image.

greetings karin

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Beautiful as always Alison! Love the image and the celtic border goes brilliantly with it! You have done some gorgeous cards whilst I have been away! Have a wonderful weekend, Susan x

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card Alison. I love the image, delicate colours and gorgeous detailing.
I hope you have a good weekend
hugs Sue xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Alison. The image looks fab and I love all the pretty dies.
Lorraine x

coops said...

so stunning Alison.i love the beautiful image and gorgeous soft and pretty colours and details :D

xx coops xx

Annette said...

Gorgeous Alison. I love the leaf die.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Claire said...

Beautiful card, love the colours and image. Have a lovely evening. Hugs, Claire x

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Alison, love the gorgeous image and soft colouring and the leaf die is one for my wish list...gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Paula (PEP) said...

So classy with the delicate colours & absolutely beautiful with those Celtic die-cuts echoing the patterning in the image. The way you've used the die-cut words is terrific too.
Take care of yourself
Much love
Paula (PEP)

Kim said...

stunning card Alison and love that image too
Kim x

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is absolutely beautiful Alison I like everything about it!!
Kevin xx

Jenny said...

I love these soft colours Alison - a beautiful card. x

Eileen said...

This is really beautiful Alison. Love the image and perfect design and layout you have used. Fabulous choice of colours and die cuts
Eileen x

Nat said...

So gorgeous Alison, I just adore the lovely image.
Natx

Vicky said...

Hi Alison, a long time since I've popped by - sorry!! You have some stunning cards on here, all gorgeous :)

hugs Vicky xx

Patricia said...

Oh! My! Word! what a stunningly beautiful card so serine. I really love this.

Patricia x

Patricia said...

Oh! My! Word! what a stunningly beautiful card so serine. I really love this.

Patricia x

Lorraine said...

Lovely Alison. Such a gorgeous, muted colour scheme.

Marilyn said...

I like everything about this card. The image, the colours and all those goregeous die cuts make it a fabulous, no... a Fab-U-Lous card!

Pauline said...

This is just gorgeous, the dies go so well with the beautiful dreamy image.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...