Thursday 25 July 2013

Matchbox Dies



Hi and Good Morning, I hope everyone is having a great week so far!

This week I wanted to show you how quick and easy it is to make a gorgeous wee gift box out of the Cheery Lynn Designs matchbox dies.

I used the largest Matchbox Die set for this gift box, and cut out 2 pieces in matching double sided 12 x 12 patterned paper.  I assembled the box quick and easily, as all the folds are embossed and it just all falls into place so well! :) 

I then decorated the sides of the box with  Sophias Heart border, and the Forever sentiment.

 
The top of the box is decorated with the matching Sophias Heart Mini Doily, and I made the flower from one of the new release floral strips Gardenia.  I held this together with a pearl brad and added some olive green leaves cut from the Rose Leaf Strip.
 
 
This was such a lovely gift box to make, and so easy too, I can see lots of uses for this die and all the other sizes to make a set!
 
All dies used are:
 
 
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today, and I hope you find time to enter our challenge this week where our theme is Silver and/or Gold, or see more gorgeous inspiration from the rest of the DT over on our Cheery Lynn Designs Inspiration blog.
 
Have a smashing week,
 
 
 

13 comments:

Gitte said...

Beautiful box.

Desire Fourie said...

Alison this is such a pretty little girly box. Love how you have embellished it.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

craftieodmae said...

fantastic box, love your flower too!

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful and lovely creation Alison.
Gr Elly

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's very beautiful made and decorated Alison.

greetings karin

Paula (PEP) said...

It's all the little embellishing detail that you've incorporated in this that catches my attention. The border along the side is beautiful with your pearls.
Paula (PEP)

Claire said...

This is so so pretty and a great gift box. Hugs, Claire x

Sharon said...

I love your gorgeous gift box Alison. The colour is so pretty.
Hugs Sharon x

Heidi said...

Such a sweet little box!
Pretty colours and lovely design:)
I hope you and your dogs are doing just fine. My leonberger are having some problems with her ears. We have been doing some tests and the allergy tests are negative. She is on a diet now. Hopefully we will sort out the problem. It's difficult when our four legged friends are having health problems.
Hugs, Heidi:)

coops said...

so beautiful Alison.gorgeous special giftbox for a blingy present and I love the sweet pretty diecuts :D

xx coops xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a gorgeous box Alison, perfect for some earrings for someone special. Susan x

Annette said...

Oh Alison this is so pretty. Really gorgeous little gift box.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Sonia said...

Hi my dearest friend:)
I come back from the vacations with my daughter, how are you? I saw Your last creations, all Wonderful as always and This is Adorable:))
Big hug and happy weekend:)
Sonia

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...