Wednesday 7 August 2013

Cheery Lynn Step Card Die



Hi and Good Morning everyone.  Today over on the Cheery Lynn Designs Blog, I am sharing a  Step card created using the awesome template die by Cheery Lynn Designs.   Its absolutely brilliant!

I started  off with some 320gsm A4 white cardstock, and cut the main die shape.  I folded along the embossed lines and 'TaDa'.. it was magically transformed into a blank Step Card!

All the layering dies for decorating are included in the set, and so this is where the fun really begins.

I took 3 sheets of matching K&Co paper, and cut the back, front and side panels along with the bottom border.  I then layered these die cuts onto contrasting paper and card, creating a matt and layered effect.

I trimmed the bottom front border with the elegant Sophias Heart border, butterfly and pearls.  The side panels were decorated with the Ankara Lace Border.

I coloured a Crafts & Me digi image and matted onto coved rectangle and scalloped rectangle mats, and then placed onto the Horizon Coved Rectangle.

I stuck the gorgeous Cape Cod Doily onto the front panel and layered my image on top.

For a finishing touch I made 2 flowers from the gorgeous gardenia strip and added some beautiful Olive branches and leaves.

All dies used on this card are:

B348 - Step Card #1
DL250 - Cape Cod Doily
B339 - Gardenia  Strip
DL113AB - Small Exotic Butterflies
L-10 - Silver Stacker Coved Rectangle
XL-11 - Coved Scalloped Rectangle
B332 - Ankara Lace Border
B333 - Sophia'sHeart Border
DL251 - Horizon Coved Doily Stacker
B147 - Olive Branches
D133 - Dimensional Small Leaves


Thanks so much for visiting my blog today, and I do hope you find time to join us in our challenge this week, where we have an 'Anything Goes' theme!

Have a smashing week!





17 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, this is just jaw dropping gorgeous, from the beautiful textures, colours and flowers. Just awesome.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

craftieodmae said...

Absolutley breathtaking!!!!

Annette said...

So pretty Alison. I love all the lacy dies.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Alyx said...

Absolutely stunning, Alison!
xx

Anonymous said...

gorgeous card Alison! I'm excited about this step card die too! love step cards! Can you tell what size the finished card is after you cut in inches? thank you!
pamsparks74 at gmail.com

Claudia said...

Hi Alison, this is so great. The flowers are perfect and look like real. Your fantastic colouration just makes it stunning.

Hugs Claudia

Paula (PEP) said...

Beatuifully striking with your red & green accenting midst the soft colours of the patterned paper & the crisp white.
Paula (PEP)

Vicky said...

One word..."beautiful"...hun...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Alison also your image and colouring.

greetings karin

Sue said...

This is stunning Alison. A wonderful design, gorgeous image and so many beautiful details.
hugs Sue xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Oh wow Alison this is gorgeous! I have just ordered some more Cheery Lynns but now my wish list has grown again!! Susan x

Lorraine said...

Just stunning Alison - absolutely love it!
Lorraine x

pam said...

absolutely stunning Alison, love this shape card, your beautiful image and fantastic dies
pam

Sara H said...

Hi Alison =)
What a gorgeous card you have made!!! All those die cuts are stunning and fit perfectly,So romantic!!

coops said...

oh wow so stunning alison.the stepper shape is fabulous and i love your gorgeous hannah lynn image and pretty details and colours :D

xx coops xx

gobeagirl said...

Hi Alison, I have to tell you... every morning while getting ready for work I check out all my favorite blogs and try to leave a comment. Each morning for the last three days I have come over and wanted to do just that only to run out of time. Well, :O) I have finally gotten home and now I am making time to tell you just how gorgeous this card is! I so LOVE IT! Not only do I wish I had this die as I can not make this kind of card and make it come out to save my life. lol... Yes, I checked the blog, but their out of stock at the moment. :O( So anyway, I really wanted you to know that this is beautiful and that your coloring and choice of colors are all just wonderful. Thanks as always for motivating me to use my dies and go even further with them. Hugs, Lisa G

Brunemma said...

Gosh, Alison, I have just 'found' your blog and it is magic. So inspirational. Please can you tell me where I can buy the stepper die from in the UK as I would love it but can't find it anywhere.
Thanks, Pam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...