Thursday 19 September 2013

Birthday Gift


Hi and Good Morning everyone, :)  Well in my part of the world, the summer has ended, and autumn fast approaches with a change in colours as well as the weather.  So todays card is a little more subtle in its hues, and uses some lovely Cheery Lynn Designs Dies.
 
I started off with a 6 x 6 inch blank card base and layered MME papers and white american crafts cardstock.  All dies were cut with this card too.
 
I cut the Tiny Bubbles border and stuck on the apricot top layer panel and also used the gorgeous Cape Cod Doily behind my image.  This is so delicate and beautiful, but cuts like a dream!  My image is matted and layered onto Square Stackers, Scalloped squares and the delighful  Horizon Square Stacker
 
I used Alisons Ribbons along the bubble border, and added a small strip of ric-rac ribbon on top.  The flower was made from the quick and easy Shasta Daisy strip, held together with a pearl brad, and for a finishing touch I added a dragonfly and some pearls.
 
All dies used on this card are
 
 
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today, and I hope you find time to enter our challenge this week where our theme is Things with Wings.
 
Have a smashing day!
 


 

16 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Alison
Gorgeous card as always such a sweet image and beautiful details
the weather is awful here cold and drizzle hate it
Hope you're well take care Jacki xx

ellyscard creatief said...

Very lovely creation Alison.
Gr Elly

Doreen said...

Beautiful,lovely image.xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Another beautiful creation Alison! It has just turned lovely and sunny with clear blue skies here in the Northwest!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's another very beautiful card Alison.


greetings karin

Annette said...

Hi Alison. She's lovely. Love your dies too.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Claire said...

Alison this is just stunning, love the adorable image and lovely colours and dies. Hugs, Claire x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Alison. The image is adorable and I love all the dies and the way you've used them.
Lorraine x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is a fabulous, beautiful card.
luv
Debby

coops said...

so stunning alison.gorgeous sweet image and i love your pretty dies and colours :D

xx coops xx

gobeagirl said...

Hi Alison, I would tell you this is absolutely gorgeous, and stunning, but it would be an understatement. I just love how you make your cards. They are all truly just works of art and you do such a fantastic job of it. Truly I just love this card. I think that to view your blog I will need to buy a thasorus. lol... I know I spelled that wrong, but you get the idea I am sure. We have lost our summer as well here. I am somewhat happy for the milder weather, but I know that all too soon it will be very cold and very dark for most of the days and I really don't like that. lol... I love the 14 hours of daylight in the summer and the cooler temps of the Autumn. Hmmm if only there was a way to have both. Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa G

Sue B said...

Aww this is really sweet Alison… what a cute image - so adorable and you've coloured it beautifully! I love the gorgeous papers and fab die cuts!! :-)
Hope you have a nice day!
Hugs Sue xx

Inkypinkydelights said...

Love this too Alison. I am just back from holiday and playing catch up. I wonder if you received my email I sent you the other day? Judy x

Lorraine said...

That's just gorgeous Alison. The twisted layers are perfect.

Pauline said...

Absolutely beautiful Alison, I love the layers,a nd the sweet image, beautiful papers and fabulous die cuts.
I may nab myself some of these dies when I go to the NEC in November!

mixamatoasties said...

She's so sweet!

Susan xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...