Friday 11 October 2013

Lilac Faery Dreams


Hi and Good Morning :)  

Now wasnt this picture taken in the last of the summer rays ? lol :) 

So todays card is inspired by some more gorgeous and easy to use Cheery Lynn Designs Dies, and a desire to cling to the fresh and bright hues of spring and summer! lol

I started off using a blank 6 x 6 card base, and layered white american crafts cardstock with some scraps of lilac paper.  This cardstock  was used for all the die cuts, and it cuts like a dream.

I then created my background using the elegant  Daisy Lace Frame, and edged it with the Lady Kate Edger.  I then stuck down 2 strips from Alisons Ribbons to conceal the join.  I coloured my image with PM's and glittered the wings, and matted onto oval stackers and scalloped oval stackers.

I made the lovely sweet flowers using the  Daisy Strip die (my favourite flower die ever!) and secured with pearl and glitter brads.  The pretty dragonfly and olive branch leaves were added as a finishing touch, along with some white pearls.

All dies used on this card are:

FRM118 - Daisy Lace Frame
B278 - Lady Kate Edger
B335 - Alisons Ribbons
B259 - Daisy Strip
DL152 - Dragonfly
B147 - Olive branches
L-7 - Oval Stackers
XL - 8 Scalloped Oval

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today, and I hope to see some fabulous entries in our Halloween Challenge this week.

Now... time for a grovelling apology.. :(  Most of you will notice I have been missing in blogland for a few months.. this is due to my long standing internet connection issues and supplier.
As I have referred to often, we live very rural, and traditional internet is not an option for us, as we have no telephones or landlines, and therefore satellite internet is all we can obtain.  Recently,though, the satellite company Avanti, sold us onto another company - QSat, and to be very honest, their prices and packages are appaling! :(  Extortionate would be a better word!


I cannot justify upgrading and paying £50 a month to get only 15gig usage, when most people would use that in a week!.. So.. on their lowest package that I am, (512kbps) I have to make a very small and meagre allowance last a month, and it just doesnt work.  It cannot oftentimes even load a picture on a blog, so as much as I love visiting, I cant see anything but red x's :(  I have almost quit blogging, and as you will also have noticed, I have stood down from many DT's that I loved, and also am unable to leave comments or visit blogs as my internet is virtually broken.  I am hoping that there is some light at the end of the tunnel, and that eventually we can get internet by other means, but until then, im kinda stuck. :( 
 
My biggest apologies to my dearest blogging friends.. I miss you all so much! and your visits still mean the world to me :) As soon as I am back on a proper speed, I will be back with a bang! :)
 
but until then... have a smashing day and thank you all so much for your support!
 
hugs




13 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Alison, this is absolutely stunning. The purple and white colouring is awesome and the flowers just perfect.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is stunning Alison! I love coming to your blog to see the beautiful designs you make, it always takes me ages to scrutinise all the gorgeous detail! What a shame about your internet provider I thought all the Highwaymen had been rid of years ago! Susan x

KarinsArtScrap said...

It's a gorgeous card with a very sweet image Alison.

Now I know why I don't see you anymore.
Thanks for explaning.
Hope you get one day a new supplier.
I so do miss you but I'm glad your doing fine.

Have a great day my friend.

greetings karin

Annette said...

Wow, fab die cuts Alison. Love the touch of lilac too.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Heidi said...

Your card is gorgeous!
Pretty colours and lovely details:)
I hope the internet will be okay soon. I'm glad you are fine.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs, Heidi:)

Chris said...

Totally gorgeous, Alison, from the sweet and pensive fairy to all the amazing die cuts!
Sorry you are having such problems with your internet provider, it must be so frustrating for you not to be able to use it when you want to! Don't give up blogging tho' your cards are so beautiful and an inspiration to us all!
Chris
x

Anneke klerks said...

wouuuuuu very nice card
liefs anneke

Donna Mosley said...

Stunning card Alison, love the amazing design & details.

Donna x

Little K Smith said...

Oohhh this is beautiful Alison, I love the fairy and pretty lilac colours!
Have a lovely weekend :)
Kelly.x

Chrissy said...

Amazing beautiful card Alison, so many gorgeous dies and details...beautiful.
What a shame about your provider...hope all these issues get sorted for you..

luv CHRISSYxx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, beautiful card, such a sweet image and delightful details.
I'm sorry about your connection I guess we all believe how easy it is to be connected when obviously that isn't the case. Please blog your wonderful creations I can live without you having to visit me and commenting but I can't live without your creations.
luv
Debby

coops said...

no need to apologise alison.it must be so frustrating for you to have such an appalling supplier.i enjoy popping by to see your latest creations and am just happy that you are well and creating ;D
todays card is no exception, amazing use of the beautiful dies and i love your lilac colours and pretty image :D

xx coops xx

gobeagirl said...

Hi Alison. I know I say this everytime, but you more than a card maker you are an artist and I just love coming over to see what you have mad. I am so so sorry that your internet gets away with such crap (excuse my mouth, I could come with a whole other word, but I am affraid it would only be worse). Are still going to be able to share your cards, or are you off the blogging all together until this exspenive problem gets solved? Either way I wish you all the best and I am still going to checking in on you in the hopes that it will work out. Take care. Hugs Lisa G

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...